Dear Fellow Sportsman:
Thank you for inquiring about Tioga Boar Hunting Preserve. The following questions are most often asked:
- Avoid Disappointment, make reservations well in advance.
- If necessary to reschedule, deposits will be honored for 1 year. No Refunds.
- All hunts are fully guided.
- We accept checks for deposit only.
- Most shots are less then 100 yards with a firearm, and under 35 yards with a bow.
- Shotguns with slugs work great.
- Methods of hunting are stalking, hunting from stands, still hunting, hunting from blinds, etc.
- Sunday hunting is permitted.
- A fluorescent vest is required.
- No hunting license required.
- Check in time is after 1p.m. the day prior to your hunt if you are staying with us at the lodge, if arriving the day of the hunt check in is between 7-8 am.
- Non-hunters: $60.00 grounds fee to accompany a hunter to the woods.
- Bow and Rifle range available for your use.
- Hunters should bring a large (64 quart or bigger) coolers for each animal.
- All wounded animals must be paid for.
- We provide transportation to and from woods if needed.
- Our local airport is Elmira Corning Regional airport located in Elmira NY, car rentals available
- All prices listed on the website and brochure are discounted cash prices, credit card prices are an additional 2%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between the Russian and European Boars?
A. The only difference is color phases, Russian boar are grizzly bear colored while the European boar come in many different color phases.
Q. How long is your average hunt?
A. Our average hunt is 1-2 days, depending on the type of animal and your weapon of choice.
Q. What is a good weapon to use?
A. Any Rifle, Bow, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun with slugs that you would use for deer hunting will work great or any handguns .357 or larger.
Q. How old do you have to be?
A. Usually 10 years old when accompanied by a guardian.
Q. How far in advance should we book a hunt?
A. Try to reserve your date as far in advance as possible, a lot of dates do book full, especially weekends. You can also make a reservation if available the day before the hunt.
Q. What is offered in your skinning and butchering package for $110.00?
A. Our guides will cape your animal out so it can be mounted and your meat will be cut into standard cuts such as steaks, chops, roasts, and spare ribs. Your meat will be bulk packaged in a cooler with ice and all you will need to do is freezer wrap it once you get home.
Q. I see all of your price lists are listed as discounted cash prices, what are the prices for using a credit card?
A. Credit Card prices are an additional 2%.
Q. What type of discounts do you offer?
A. We offer discounts to groups of 6 or more hunters, the discount will vary depending on what the group is planning to hunt and how many days they plan to stay. We also offer discounts at our lodge for families staying with us.
Q. Do we need to bring a sleeping bag and towels?
A. No, bedding and towels are provided for you.