Dear Fellow Sportsman:
Thank you for inquiring about Tioga Boar Hunting Preserve. The following questions are most often asked.
Things to Keep in Mind When Planning a Guided Hunting Trip
- Avoid Disappointment, make reservations well in advance.
- If necessary to reschedule, deposits will be honored for 1 year. No Refunds.
- All hunts are fully guided.
- We accept checks for deposit only.
- Most shots are less then 100 yards with a firearm, and under 40 yards with a bow.
- Shotguns with slugs are allowed, no buckshot.
- Methods of hunting are stalking, hunting from stands, still hunting, hunting from blinds, etc.
- Sunday hunting is permitted.
- A fluorescent vest is required.
- No hunting license required.
- Check in time is after 1p.m. the day prior to your hunt if you are staying with us at the lodge, if arriving the day of the hunt check in is between 8-9 am.
- Non-hunters: $120.00 grounds fee to accompany a hunter to the woods.
- Bow and Rifle range available for your use.
- Hunters should bring a large (64 quart or bigger) coolers for each animal.
- All wounded animals must be paid for.
- We provide transportation to and from woods if needed.
- Our local airport is Elmira Corning Regional airport located in Elmira NY, car rentals available
- All prices listed on the website and brochure are discounted cash prices, credit card prices are an additional 4%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between the Russian and European Boars?
A. The only difference is color phases, Russian boar are grizzly bear colored while the European boar come in many different color phases.
Q. How long is your average hunt?
A. Our average hunt is 1-2 days, depending on the type of animal and your weapon of choice.
Q. What is a good weapon to use?
A. Any Rifle .223 or larger, Bow, Crossbow, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun with slugs that you would use for deer hunting will work great or any handguns .357 or larger.
Q. How old do you have to be?
A. Usually 10 years old when accompanied by a guardian.
Q. How far in advance should we book a hunt?
A. Try to reserve your date as far in advance as possible, a lot of dates do book full, especially weekends. You can also make a reservation if available the day before the hunt.
Q. I see all of your price lists are listed as discounted cash prices, what are the prices for using a credit card?
A. Credit Card prices are an additional 4%.
Q. Do we need to bring a sleeping bag and towels?
A. No, bedding and towels are provided for you.
Q. Do you need a hunting license?
Q. What is the average shot distance for a firearm and Bow?
A. Firearms are usually 60-120 yards, and most archery shots are 20-40 yards.
Q. Can you hunt on Sundays?
Q. When is the Boar season?
A. We hunt Boar, year round, 7 days a week.
Q. How long is the average hunt?
A. We recommend planning for a 2 day hunt.
Q. What is your Success rate?
Q. What Caliber Rifles are best?
A. Any center fire Rifle .223 or larger will work great, Pistols have to be at least a .357 Caliber, and any 20 gauge or larger Shotgun.
Q. When do you Hunt Whitetail and Fallow dear, and also Elk and Red Deer?
A. Whitetails from August to December, Fallow, Elk, and Red deer from August to February.
Q. Do you have a lodge on site, what about meat processing?
A. Yes, we have a beautiful lodge on site, and when you stay with us all your meals are included. We have a custom butcher shop on site, we can provide custom cuts, sausage, bacon, and vacuum sealing.
Q. What do you hunt year round?
A. We hunt Boar, Rams, Buffalo, and many exotics year round.
Contact Tioga Hunting Ranch With Any Questions
Whether you’re looking for guided Russian boar hunts or other big game hunts in Pennsylvania, Tioga Boar Ranch has you covered. If our FAQs didn’t answer your question or you’d like to make a reservation, give us a call at 570-835-5341.